Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm not a quitter, I'm a resignor.....

So #25 on my 40x40 list was to finish designing Brooke's yearbook. When Brooke started attending this school 3 years ago, I was anxious to fit in as a new parent. It's an excellent school in a good district, people do not leave this school so Brooke was the new kid and I was the new mom. It was a bit of a struggle and to be honest, Brooke found her way in a lot quicker than I did. This last year the PTA board shifted a bit and I was asked to run for office. I actually declined but did take the position of yearbook chair. I was excited - it fell right in line with my line of work. Or so I thought. At every turn it was a challenge. There were obstacles thrown at me from every direction not to mention a huge internal battle raging. But yesterday I finished all 48 pages. There are edits to be made, proofs to check, etc but for all intents and purposes my role as yearbook chair is complete. Finally. FINALLY!! This process has reminded me of a very important lesson, sometimes NOT fitting in is ok and seriously.....wait for it....not everybody has to like me! I have turned everything in including my letter of resignation. I accomplished what i intended to the best of my ability and learned a valuable lesson in the process. I guess I would call that a success. So check another 40x40 off my list, I am sooooooooo ready to move on!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing a difficult task!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the yearbook. What a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you Jenn! Would love to see "screenshots" when you have time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about doing that Leslie but at this point I am pretty sure it is "protected" information.

    ReplyDelete