Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hannah Montana and Oprah Winfrey

Number 31 on my list - re-enter the workforce. I have to admit this one was kind of a "gimme." Back in October, an organization that I do a lot of pro-bono work for approached me with a proposition. They wanted to add me as full time staff. I have to admit I was flattered and intrigued. They are a top 100 company for working moms and while the job wasn't going to make me rich, it offered a lot of perks including flexible scheduling. I started the interview process in November and then everything changed. Due to several unforseen circumstances, things kept getting drawn out. I definitely started seeing thing in a different light. Turns out I am a pretty structured person. Chaos and I have never been friends and this opportunity was chaos-central! Finally last week, I received a call saying a formal offer was in the works. 5 days later, I officially removed my name for consideration. It really wasn't that easy of a decision but it was the right one for my family.

So # 31, huh? Cant really cross that off now can I? But like Oprah always taught me, have a plan! (probably not the best time to bring this up, but i actually don't watch Oprah - i think she's awesome and inspiring and gracious and generous beyond measure but it's really hard for me to sit down for a hour and watch tv, especially during the middle of the day - whew, i feel better. Don't hate me Oprah, i still have mad love for ya!)

So this brings me to my new plan - i call it my "Hannah Montana" plan! I want "the best of both worlds!" If you have tweens, I am sorry, I have no doubt permenently placed this song in your head for the day. Don't worry sisters - I'll be singing it with you. Has anyone seen my adderall - i seem to be seriously ADD this morning! I am officially quitting (read, cutting back) on my FREElance business and starting my YOUREALLYSHOULDPAYMESOMETHINGlance business. There is a lot of opportunity out there, I have some great contacts I just need to Be Aggressive - Be Be Aggressive! So my plan and yes, I ALWAYS have a plan, is to get through March, finish Brooke's yearbook, finish winter carnival and then Viola - Jennifer Lacy by night - Hannah Montana by day. Just to clarify, I am a freelance writer not singer - just in case all the Hannah Montana references threw you off!


Update on #30. Mammogram. Seriously want to cancel. Trying not to. How sad is it that the only reason or at least a BIG reason while I am not cancelling is so I can cross it off my list?? Maybe this blogging has some benefits after all......

No comments:

Post a Comment