Monday, February 22, 2010

Not even Oprah is this busy....

Whew!! I am loving this list. I do things with such purpose these days - I hope all my fellow bloggers are enjoying this as much as I am. I can't believe it has been a week since I updated! I normally am a pretty good about updating more frequently - that is the secret to good blogging isn't it? update! update! update! It helps when people leave comments (hint hint) it let's the blogger know someone is reading and wants to know more!
So most of you know that my father-in-law has been in the hospital last week and had quadruple bypass surgery. It has kept my family running and away from home. He is doing well and should be out in the next coule of days. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers! In the process, we managed to take Jay's mom dinner. I always feel that when someone is in the hospital, they are being cared for but the one who is left at home often goes forgotten. So with that being said, number 13. take dinner to a sick friend or neighbor - check it off the list! I'm sure it won't be the last time but I'm crossing it off for now.
Number 25. Design Brooke's yearbook. I can't cross this off yet but the last time I updated on this, I think i had 2 pages designed and now i have 39 of 48 so there is a lot of progress! Of course my deadline is March 1st with a little wiggle room.

I am officially crossing #26, start a prayer journal. It is already getting filled with prayers and answers! If you have a prayer request, feel free to leave it in my comments.

#2 submit a short story for publication. I didn't submit a full story just a story idea, not crossing this one off the list yet just updating some progress!

#31. re-enter the workforce. I know I spent my entire last post discussing my Hannah Montana plan but......I am being pulled yet again, in another direction. The job I declined is pursuing me again so we have re-opened negotiations, if you will. Just have to keep you posted on this one, it's complicated.

#1. Run or walk a 5k. No, i have not done this, yet. BUT I am laying the foundation. I am totally giving my brother credit for this. He is inspiring. He has become a full fledge multi-marathon runner. His last marathon in Flordida, he officially became a "3 something" meaning he ran the marathon in 3 hours and some minutes versus a 4 something. Impressive! Perhaps more impressive is his mile streak. I can't tell you how many days it has been but I am pretty sure it is over 1,000 consecutive days he has run atleast a mile. I realize a mile isn't much but believe me to do it everyday without fail, crazy! He travels a lot so it might be in strange cities, in the rain, snow, cold, excessive heat, etc. On Christmas Eve he was stranded at our house during the worst blizzard in our state's history. No running clothes or shoes to be found yet he kept his streak alive. i was worried at the end of it he wouldn't be - it was crazy yet I imagined his what his sense of accomplishment must have been (while i also pondered his mental stability.) The point is I am not ready to jump into a marathon or even a 5k so i am starting my own streak. Every day during lent I am going to walk atleast around our big block which is more like 2 or 3 blocks. At the end of lent, I am officially going to start working towards the 5k. I have started the couch to the 5k program before but i always did the longer version and got bored with it, this time i have a new approach so we will see. You will happy to know that even though we were in the hospital most of the week and away from home, i have managed to keep my streak alive! I am on day 6 - you got start somewhere, right? So again, no officially crossing off but progress!
My big cross off for the week was # 30. Have a mammogram. I did it. It didn't hurt. Wasn't too bad. Of course, the worry has set in just a bit. They went back to check tht "spot" a couple of extra times and said I might get a phone call wanting yet another look. I just want to encourage any of my fellow bloggers, if you haven't done it, please do. It's really not that bad and if you are within an hour of OKC, I will be happy to take you and hold your hand. You just have to ask!

I have a busy, busy week this week. Friday is my daughter's Winter Carnival, one of PTA's largest fundraisers and a LOT of work! I also have yearbook deadline, school photos to take, ads to build, a driver's license to obtain, a job to negotiate, a father in law in the hospital, a feverish three year old, a middle school application to complete and submit, and Thursday spring soccer begins which means I am picking up half the team from school and taking them to the field! I wonder who I see about a raise? I think I deserve one!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You have been busy! Good for you on all your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought I was busy! You're right, not even Oprah can touch you! I have also realized that I am much more focused in accomplishing things with my list!

    ReplyDelete