Thursday, January 21, 2010

the list continues...and The Oprah Effect!

21. Go dancing at a country bar
22. Host an "open forum" for Brooke and friends and their moms before they start middle school next fall.
23. Go fishing
24. Create a signature cupcake recipe
25. Design Brooke's school yearbook (obviously this is ongoing but totally deserves a spot on my list!)
26. Start a Prayer journal
27. Read Minute Meditations for Busy Moms
28. Lose weight (with a goal of 40lbs)
29. Visit the Oklahoma City Museum of Art
30. Have a mammogram
31. Re-enter the workforce
32. Accept an invitation that is out of my comfort zone
33. Plant a vegetable garden
34. Go to or host a scrapbook party
35. Visit my friends in Kansas
36. Get together with some of my '88 classmates!
37. Go to a GHS football game
38. Make a will
39. Take the girls to a baseball game
40. Get an Oklahoma's Drivers license and become an organ donor

OK, ladies and gents, it's official! My 40x40 list is complete! I am ready to hit it and start crossing some of these off! I am so excited that so many of you are joining in this blogging circle. I think a lot of us feel the same way, that we are beginning something life-changing. I hope so. A good friend of mine (even though she is just turning 35) suggested we all start adding OPRAH to our blog. She thinks Oprah would be intrigued by so many woman with really just 2 basic commonalitites, going to high school together and turning 40, are coming together to share their lives, encourage one another and better themselves. Wow - that really is up Oprah's alley! So....here it goes, my number 41 - let's take this to Oprah! You know her staff crawls the web looking for stories, why not ours? If you want to mention Oprah in your blog, go for it! That will help her producers find us and of course, we can write a letter too! This is exciting already! Go team Oprah!

ps. just thought i would add, the Oprah thing is truly just for fun, this is not why i am doing this. My real goal here is to challenge myself to be a better person, mom, wife, daughter, sister and friend.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, heck ya! You totally need to take it to Oprah! As long as I get to go as your personal manager or nanny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could all meet in Chicago for a major GIRLS WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Sooooo there!!! What an awesome list, and a great idea. Big thanks to your "35" friend!
    Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete