Friday, January 22, 2010

Posing a question...

Dear 40 yr old friends,

I have a question. I am sure that I am not the only one noticing ummmm, certain changes as the big 4-0 approaches. But today, I had something happen that is not just puzzling but extremely disturbing to me. I was cleaning the kitchen and loading the dishwasher when I noticed we are now out of butter. Without thinking I grabbed the empty butter dish, rinsed it out and started to place it in the dishwasher. You can just imagine my horror!! I took a deep breath and tried to regroup from this near disaster. So it is with baited breath I pose this question to you, my almost 40 and fabulous friends! When you turn 40 is it required you start saving butter dishes and lids that you will NEVER use only to be discovered years from now in a cupboard you had forgotten about or is that a 50 things at 50 requirement?

Thanks in advance from your fabulous at almost 40 friend,

Jenn

(oh and by the way OPRAH)

Ground Zero

8 comments:

  1. my husband is 40 (+) and he saves cottage cheese containers. I have to go and through them out every few months. Usually he acquires 4 a month! Not to mention all the other plastic containers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep stuff like that. They come in handy for left overs or if I want to take food to someone or send them home with food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, I bought a piece of costume jewelry the other day!! Something I have never thought about I hit 40. Then I looked around the store and I was surrounded by OLDER women! Is it a prerequisite that we must buy costume jewelry when we hit 40? BTW, Oprah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me get this out of the way ... OPRAH

    And Jenn, I have been saving things like that since I moved out of my parents home when I was 19. hahahahaha
    I'm like Wendy, I use them for leftovers or to send food with someone. My lids and bowls don't always match but I have them, "just in case" ...
    Shellie, that's funny!! I have yet to do that, but I think I will....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure there is nothing wrong with it - just reminds me of my grandma and Jay's. When we were in Lubbock at Thanksgiving, we were at Jay's grandma's house, she has TWO cupboards full of butter bowls and a drawer of mixed matched lids! yet she doesn't have a pot big enough for me to boil potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shellie - I say jewelry is good - costume or real. Just don't buy clip-on earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reuse the containers from Chinese take-out. They work great for leftovers!

    I can hook you guys up with some high quality fashion jewelry! Why spend a fortune when you can have the designer look without the high price?

    ReplyDelete